Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Is Mr. Moviestuff Ethical?

  1. #1
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Post

    I'm not pointing fingers, but everytime he posts he's advertising his business.

    Is that called Spam? Has anybody contacted Hostboard about that? What would be their opinion?

    And what about his followers? Are they looking for filmmaking freebees? He's got neat-o things and services for them? Not that he would give them anything, maybe, but is this in the back of their minds?

    I'm not saying it's wrong or calling names, or saying that's what's happening. He seems like a nice dude. I'm just opening things up for discussion.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the information contained within a signature,
    in this case -- moviestuff's siggy -- cannot
    be considered spamming as it is within hostboard
    rights to create a signature containing information
    appropriate to the ToS.

    there is no rule in the ToS that states you
    CANNOT advertise your website or outside service,
    as this is a common practice within hostboard
    signatures.

    it is irrelevent that other users click the
    link and/or purchase/browse exterior sites
    from a posted hostboard signature as long
    as it stays within the guidelines of the ToS.

    whether the information within the signature
    is of a personal or commercial nature is, again,
    irrelevent UNLESS that information violates
    section 6 (user conduct) of the ToS.

    as it is common to misconstrue section 6:7-g
    of the ToS, the easiest way to understand this
    segment is if someone posts on a board SOLELY
    to point out or redirect a thread towards
    his/her signature.

    the term 'redirect' does NOT mean something similar
    to a regular member posting:

    "hey, i may have a product that could help.
    check the link in my signature."

    what it does mean is any random post that
    had no place or affiliation with the current
    thread theme that intentionally disrupts the
    flow with the intention of exploiting hostboard
    and its features for advertisement.

    THIS is considered spamming.

    regardless, it is still up to the sole discretion
    of the admin/owner to administer appropriate
    reservation in regards to a judgement which
    may or may not render a poster as violating the ToS.


    i hope all this legal jargon sorts this mess out.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not just the sig, it's the incessant Workprinter topic posts that Roger and sometimes others generate, and that I've never filed a complaint about.

    Root cause to all of this is when you censor/witchhunt others Roger, don't be so smug about it, as you have been Rog, and cry like a baby when the result of your censorship produces a result you don't like.

    If I could have communicated with Pacini in another way, I would have. Nigel knows this himself. Heck, Nigel closed an auction early, ONE OF THE SINGLE MOST ABUSIVE ACTS SELLERS DO TO BUYERS ON EBAY. I brought this point up to Nigel, and he offered a good reason. Good for him.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    It's not just the sig, it's the incessant Workprinter topic posts that Roger and sometimes others generate, and that I've never filed a complaint about.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Oh please. Don't try to act like you did me a big favor, Alex. The ONLY reason you haven't filed a complaint is because you knew it wouldn't have any adverse effect. Hostboard tolerates your sorry asss, they'll tolerate anything so, for all I know, you DID file a complaint. Either way, it's a moot point and nothing more than a smoke screen to try and change the topic regarding your interference in Matt's auction.

    Originally posted by Alex:

    Root cause to all of this is when you censor/witchhunt others Roger, don't be so smug about it, as you have been Rog, and cry like a baby when the result of your censorship produces a result you don't like.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I have no idea what the helll you're talking about, Alex. Who's crying like a baby, here? Not me.


    Originally posted by Alex:

    If I could have communicated with Pacini in another way, I would have.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">So the ONLY way you could "communicate" with Matt was to *** up his auction by contacting his highest bidder and "warn" them of a camera that CLEARLY was described as working fine?

    That is soooooooooooooooo lame.

    Just because you felt couldn't contact Matt didn't suddenly give you the right to contact his bidder and interfere with his auction. Again, you didn't HAVE to do ANYTHING, Alex. It wasn't your auction. So no matter what opinion you had about the situation or what YOU thought was "vital information", the proper and ethical thing to do would have been to stay out of it.

    So, again, what gave you the right to interfere with Matt Pacini's auction?

    Answer the question.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You have a product that some wish they could own, I'm not going to stop the spread of that information eve if I could. Even if you and your small "posse" can't be fair to anyone who has had tussles with you
    and automatically support you.

    I see the damage you did to the Super-8 Forum communities here on Hostboard, and that's something you will never be able to erase.

    Even though trying to erase the voice of others is one of your favorite pasttimes. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    I see the damage you did to the Super-8 Forum communities here on Hostboard, and that's something you will never be able to erase.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Blah, blah, freakin' blah.

    You're so stupid, Alex. The world does not revolve around Hostboard. No one cares. Get it? People migrate from forum to forum naturally, which is the REAL reason that Mike's forum is slow these days. Six months from now, Andreas's board will be slow and Mike's will be hoppin'. People don't give a flying fig about you or me or anything that you hold so dear as your precious, archived, indexed posts from three years ago.

    If what you say is true, that I ruined Mike's forum, then why is Mike so friendly to me? We just exchanged some warm and friendly emails over the last couple of days and talked about family and personal issues. He certainly doesn't feel that I ruined anything and wants to update his site with an article or two about my contributions to super 8. You bet; that Mike can really hold a grudge against people that mess with his forum.

    Which reminds me: How do YOU get along with Mike, Alex?

    So, back to that question-

    What gave you the right to interfere in Matt Pacini's auction?

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow. I'm beginning to wonder if you are me. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Cranium, owns a Roger product.
    Mattias, loves to talk about Rogers product.
    Matt, owns, or was to buy, A workprinter product.
    Jukasil, owns a Roger product.
    The forum moderator of Shooting 8mm, Awand, owns a Roger Product.
    Mike Brantley, moderator of the other forum, has publicly posted how lucky he would be if he could own a Roger Product.
    Super-8 Booster, clearly has to have some type of access to Roger's product for his tests, or stays friendly with those who do, Super-8 Booster recently deleted all of his posts on this forum.
    Cameraguy, owns a Roger Product, recently deleted all of his posts on this forum.

    There's your list of Roger's Whorres.

    The same ones that post here to stop this forum's progress. Pathetic.


    -------------

    so Roger, why do you spam these NOT FOR PROFIT forums with self-righteous ebay boy **** ?

    As I have stated all along, you are known for a product you make, yet you have behaved intolerably on these not for profit Hostboard forums, GOING AGAINST HOSTBOARD policy.

    You should be walking around on tip toes for your outlandish behavior, instead you choose to be a bull in a china shop.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Paradise Lost:
    I'm not pointing fingers, but everytime he posts he's advertising his business.

    Is that called Spam? Has anybody contacted Hostboard about that? What would be their opinion?

    And what about his followers? Are they looking for filmmaking freebees? He's got neat-o things and services for them? Not that he would give them anything, maybe, but is this in the back of their minds?

    I'm not saying it's wrong or calling names, or saying that's what's happening. He seems like a nice dude. I'm just opening things up for discussion.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Interesting isn't it, that the signature for "Paradise Lost/REality Check/Blue Demon" and the signature for Alex are one and the same...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member chas_ucla's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry...this didn't come up in the previous post...from whatever he calls himself today ("Paradise Lost" I believe)...


    posted October 10, 2003 11:52 AM I'm not pointing fingers, but everytime he posts he's advertising his business.

    Is that called Spam? Has anybody contacted Hostboard about that? What would be their opinion?

    And what about his followers? Are they looking for filmmaking freebees? He's got neat-o things and services for them? Not that he would give them anything, maybe, but is this in the back of their minds?

    I'm not saying it's wrong or calling names, or saying that's what's happening. He seems like a nice dude. I'm just opening things up for discussion.

    --------------------

    Super-8mm.net

    Discuss This

    Super-8 Filmmaking in the Digital Age

    Cleveland Indians Baseball

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    As I have stated all along, you are known for a product you make, yet you have behaved intolerably on these not for profit Hostboard forums,
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Intolerable for you, no doubt, because I am a reminder of your lack of ethics. No one else really cares, do they?

    Originally posted by Alex:
    GOING AGAINST HOSTBOARD policy.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Then report me. As I say, considering the number of complaints I know they've received about you, it is apparent that Hostboard will tolerate about anything.

    Beyond that, let's use "Alex Logic":

    You claim that Matt was in control because if he had updated his post, then you would not have needed to send the link to the top bidder. Therefore, it's MATT'S fault that he lost money on his ebay auction.

    Using this same "Alex Logic", if you didn't act like such an assshole and hadn't interfered with Matt's auction, I would not have needed to post on your site. Therefore, it's YOUR fault that I'm breaking Hostboard's rule. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Roger

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •